This is our Healthy Version of Chili Hash! We hope you Enjoy! You’ll will use your stove-top and microwave for only a few minutes to make this healthy comforting meal on a busy night….
Here are a few reason’s Turkey is good for you…
The meat is low-GI and can help keep insulin levels stable.
- Turkey contains the amino acid tryptophan, which produces serotonin and plays an important role in strengthening the immune system.
- It is also a source of selenium, which is essential for thyroid hormone metabolism. It also boosts immunity and acts as an antioxidant.
- Regular turkey consumption can help lower cholesterol levels.
Servings: 4 Calories: 265
- 1 lb. medium Potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb. ground Turkey (extra-lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 packet Chili Seasoning (low-salt)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place the potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook ground turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain potatoes and add to skillet. Stir in the chili packet seasoning, peas, parsley and salt. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Turkey meat is a source of iron, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. Turkey is a rich source of protein.
All of us here at Healthier Lifestyle Recipes would love it if you left us a message in the comment section below tell us how you enjoyed our 3rd recipe in our new 7-Day Healthy Meal Plan!
Hope to see you tomorrow for Day 4….