Ground Turkey Penne Pasta Skillet
To our 7-Day Healthy Meal Plan -Day 5. Today we are spotlighting our Healthy Version of Ground Turkey Penne Pasta Skillet! We hope you Enjoy! As amazing as it is simple to prepare! This Ground Turkey Penne Pasta will surely satisfy your family …
When choosing ground Turkey pick the extra lean variety.
Here are a few reason’s Ground Turkey is good for you…
- The meat is low-GI and can help keep insulin levels stable.
- Turkey contains the amino acid tryptophan, which produces serotonin and plays an important role in strengthening the immune system.
- It is also a source of selenium, which is essential for thyroid hormone metabolism.
Servings: 4 Calories: 286
- 1 lb. Extra Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked Penne Pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped Onion
- 2 tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 2 cans chopped/diced tomatos with (basil, garlic, oregano)
- 1 can (8oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 in. slices
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. In the meantime, in a large skillet add extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic cooked for about 1 minute, then add onion and ground turkey cook over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink. Drain. Add seasonings, the tomatoes,and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 5-6 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Drain pasta; add to skillet. Stir in zucchini. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes or until zucchini is crisp and tender.
Olive Oil: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is “The heart healthy Oil”. It is believed that chronic inflammation is among the leading drivers of many diseases. This includes heart disease, cancer, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, Alzheimer’s and Arthritis. It has been shown that one of the mechanisms behind olive oil’s benefits is its ability to fight inflammation.
Superfood: Garlic. This bulb has been used for centuries as both food and medicine. These days, garlic is used to treat conditions ranging from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, and heart attack to certain types of cancer.
All of us here at Healthier Lifestyle Recipes would love it if you left us a message in the comment section below tell us if you enjoyed our 5th recipe in our new 7-Day Healthy Meal Plan!
See you tomorrow for Day 6….