Vegetarian Zucchini Linguine
To our 7-Day Healthy Meal Plan -Day 6. Today we are spotlighting our Vegetarian Zucchini Linguine! We hope you Enjoy! As amazing as it is super simple to prepare! This Vegetarian Zucchini Linguine will surely satisfy your family and friends…
Here are a few reason’s Linguine is good for you…
- One cup of cooked linguine has approximately 220 calories, 1 gram of fat and no cholesterol. Most pastas on the market are enriched with iron too. Whole grain pastas contain about the same calories as regular pasta but have more protein, fiber and vitamins. …
- The reason that low-carb promoters bashed pasta is actually the main reason it’s so good for you! Pasta is great source of carbohydrate, the body’s primary source of energy (your brain runs on carbs and carbs alone –- that’s pretty important).
- So instead of looking at pasta as the enemy, embrace it as a vital energy source.
- As with everything, enjoy pasta in moderation — be mindful of portion sizes and experiment with all the glorious varieties.
Servings: 6 Calories: 276
- 6 oz. uncooked linguine
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 green onions
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 oz. provolone cheese, shredded (optional)
- 3 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package directions
- In a large skillet saute the zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter and oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add tomato, basil, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Drain linguine; add to the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese’s and toss to coat. (optional)
Health Benefits of Zucchini. … Maintains Optimal Health: As an outstanding source of manganese and vitamin C, zucchini is the best source of dietary fiber that will keep your body in the best shape for the long run. It also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, potassium, copper, and phosphorus .
All of us here at Healthier Lifestyle Recipes would love it if you left us a message in the comment section below tell us if you enjoyed our 6th recipe in our new 7-Day Healthy Meal Plan!
See you tomorrow for Day 7….