Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 20 minutes Makes 12 Calories 165 per muffin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup Organic White Wheat Flour
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 scoops Raw Fit Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- ¼ cup Nutella hazelnut chocolate spread
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Simply Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped Diamond Walnuts (shelled)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12-cup standard muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, protein powder, ground flaxseeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine eggs, bananas, yogurt, milk and vanilla. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fill the muffin cups halfway and drop a teaspoon-size dollop of Nutella in each. Fill with batter the rest of the way. Sprinkle walnuts on top and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.
- Store muffins in an airtight container up to 2 days or can be bagged up in freezer bags and freeze for 2 months.
Potassium is a mineral that is essential for heart health, especially blood pressure control. Yet despite its importance, most people are not getting enough potassium in their diet. Bananas are a great dietary source of potassium. One medium-sized banana (118 grams) contains 9% of the Recommended Daily Intake.