Total Prep: 30 mins Servings: 6
- Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 ounces fresh breakfast sasauge
- 1 can (15 oz each) Organic Black Beans
- 1 can (10 oz each) Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. Hatch Diced Green Chilies Mild
- 8 eggs, beaten (Egglands Best)
- 8 large flour tortillas (10 inch), warmed
- 1/2 bag of edamame (my favorite) Optinal
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Add any Vegetables you like! (Avacado’s my favorite)
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Cook over medium-high heat. Add sausage; cook 5 minutes or until crumbled and browned, stirring occasionally. Drain; return to skillet. Stir in black beans, drained tomatoes and edamame cook 3-4 minutes or until mixture is hot. Remove mixture from skillet; set aside and keep warm. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add eggs to same skillet; cook without stirring until edges and bottom begins to set. Gently turn to scramble; continue cooking until set.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup sausage mixture down center of each tortilla. Top evenly with scrambled eggs mixture and cheese. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla; roll-up burrito-style. Serve immediately.
Freeze burritos on parchment lined baking sheet. Once burritos are frozen, place in resealable freezer bag and store in freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, wrap 1 burrito in paper towel and place on microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Turn over; microwave on HIGH 1 minute more or until hot. Let stand 1 minute before eating.
Calories: 436 per burrito
Most healthy people can eat up to seven eggs a week with no increase in their risk of heart disease. Some studies have shown that this level of egg consumption may actually prevent some types of strokes as stated by the Mayo Clinic.