Servings: 12 Calories: 186
These are delicious sweet potato muffins that are wonderfully light and tender. Have one with a glass of nonfat milk for a great breakfast, bake some to take along as a snack or a pick me up!
- 1 cup Organic All-Purpose Four
- 3/4 cup Organic White whole-wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. Organic Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 cup Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, if desired
Heat oven to 400°F. Grease the bottoms of 12 muffin cups.
Mix flours, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in medium bowl.
Lightly beat sweet potatoes, egg whites, milk, and oil in a large bowl until well blended.
Gradually stir dry ingredients into sweet potato mixture, mixing just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened. Stir in pecans.
- Evenly fill muffin cups Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until browned around edges and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid and vitamin B-6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B-1, vitamin B-2 and phosphorus.