The Pear and Lemon smoothie is invigorating, hydrating, filling and low in calories.
Pears are often recommended as a hypo-allergenic fruit that is high in fiber but less likely to produce adverse reactions. Pear juice is safe to be introduced to infants as they are mild, yet healthful.
Health Benefits of Pears:
- Blood pressure: Pears have anti-oxidant and anti-carcinogen glutathione which help prevent high blood pressure and stroke.
- Cancer prevention: The high vitamin C and copper content act as good anti-oxidants that protect cells from damages by free radicals.
- Cholesterol: The high content of pectin in pears make it very useful in helping to lower cholesterol levels.
- Constipation: The pectin in pears is diuretic and have a mild laxative effect.
- Energy: You can get quick and natural source of energy from pear juice, due largely to its high amounts of fructose and glucose.
- Fever: The cooling effect in pear is excellent in relieving fever. Best way to bring a fever down quickly is by drinking a big glass of pear juice.
- Immune booster: The anti-oxidant nutrients in pears are critical in building up your immune system. Drink pear juice when you feel a cold coming.
- Inflammation: Pear juice has an anti-inflammatory effect and helps relieve sufferers of much pain in various inflammatory conditions.
- Osteoporosis: Pears contain high level of boron. Boron helps the body to retain calcium, thus prevents or retards osteoporosis.
(Photo: Cinzia Trenchi)
Servings: 2 Calories: 78
- 2 organic Lemons
- 1 ripe pear
- 5 ice cubes
- Wash the lemons, grate 1 teaspoon full of lemon zest, put in blender
- Peel the pear, cut into pieces and add it to the lemon zest in blender
- Juice the lemons and add the lemon juice to blender and ice. Blend all ingredients together…
This smoothie is highly thirst quenching and an excellent beverage for re-introducing liquids into the body after an intense workout!
Lemons: As a refreshing drink, lemonade helps you to stay calm and cool. The health benefits of lemons are due to its many nourishing elements like vitamin C, vitamin B-6, vitamin. The health benefits of lemon include treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, and fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure.
Pears: Pears are excellent source of water-soluble fiber. They contain vitamins A, B-1, B-2, C, E, folate and niacin. It is also rich in copper, phosphorus and potassium, with lesser amounts of calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, sodium and sulfur.